ProxTime 100 is a best selling robust, fully featured clocking in machine solution, network ready, with Roll Call reports, Payroll Export, additional Payroll Import, Live Attendance Dashboards & 12 months Free Support. Pay periods supported are weekly, Bi-weekly, 4 weekly, semi-monthly and monthly.
Features as standard
|Standard Pay and Overtime
||Deduct for Cigarette Breaks
||Exports data to all Payroll Programs
|Unlimited Lunch/Tea Breaks
||Auto-Deduct for Lateness
|Overtime abuse clawback feature
||Daily and Weekly Overtime
|Automatic or Clocked Breaks/both
||Exports to all Payroll Programs
|Reports in hours/ minutes or decimals
||2 Different time card reports
|Pay periods supported
|Cigarette break clockings
||Number of pay periods
|Number of roster patterns
||Number of departments
|Number of Key Personnel Displays
||Pay period length
|Number of concurrent Roll Call Reports
||Number of clock in/out per day
|Number of companies
||Number of fingerprints on terminal per person
|Optional PIN instead of fingerprint
Please see "Software Comparison" for advanced features.
Each employee presents their badge or tag to the terminal and once recognised this creates an in/out transaction. The terminal displays the result of the attempt along with an audible message. There is no doubt if they have been accepted or rejected. The ProxTime 100 software at the PC also allows authorised personnel to add, modify or delete those transactions. The terminal is normally connected to your network for ease of use.
How the terminal works
If you have no network you can download use RS232 cable port or transfer data to a USB stick and data transfer at a PC.
What's in the box?
ProxTime 100 Terminal, Mounting Backplate, Network Cable, 2 Pin Power Adaptor. Software is digital download so the Internet is required
Example Time Card
Working Hours and Pay
Overtime can be applied by time of day, day of week, after x hours per day, after x hours per week.
Calculates hours worked, sorts pay into standard and overtime - even deducts for any breaks so you don't have to!
- Also allows you to add, edit or delete transactions - to restrict too much overtime - easily add transactions for drivers and remote workers.
- Overtime can be accrued by number of hours worked, by time of day (time band), by shift, day of week and pay period. You can name overtime rates to suit you.
- Multi user software option - with user access permissions
Roll Call Reporting
On demand and up-to-date roll call reports in cases of emergency! Our report gives you greater confidence by allowing an instant roll call if required- great for Health and Safety.
The Live Attendance Dashboard
See in real-time who is on or off the premises - have this utility running on multiple PCs in your company so anyone can see who is 'IN' or 'OUT'.
Graphical Shift Rostering Calendar - Changes Shifts In A Second
There is no limit to the number of clockings or breaks per shift and you can allocate an employee to a different shift every day. The shift rostering calendar allows you to allocate employees with a click.- by day of the week/department etc
Lateness Retrieval Facility
ProxTime 100 software has intelligent rounding rules so you only pay for the exact time worked. Round forward/back for late arrivals, long lunches, early departures, lunch not taken - so you only pay for the hours worked.
Summary time cards, detailed time cards, fire roll call reports and more! See the reporting tab for full details.
ProxTime 100 software only operates on Windows platform and is multi-department, multi-company and can run on a stand-alone PC or networked.
PC *minimum* requirements:
Standard Windows Intel-compatible processor (Intel, AMD etc), 1gb RAM, 200MB hard disk space free, an available and suitable CAT5 network port (for hardware equipped with a network port), communications "COM" port or USB port when using USB to COM adapter or connections.
Operating systems supported must be properly licensed, legal and current copies of Windows 7, 8, Windows 10; desktop versions.
This product is not sold to work on beta or preview versions of Windows, Windows Vista, Windows RT, Windows for devices or emulation packages such as the WINE project, thin client or virtual environments.
All operating systems must be 32bit or 64 bit with no sub-systems restrictions.
Robust ABS construction.
Large LCD display.
Communications all fitted as standard: TCP/IP - LAN/WAN 10/100 Mbit, USB stick.
Transaction capacity: 50000 transactions (Download transactions to restore transaction capacity).
Dimensions (H x W x D) 136mm x 190mm x 36mm.
Environment: 0° - 40° C / 32° - 113° F, 20% - 80% humidity.
Standards: CE, FCC, UL.
Power supply: 240v 3 pin adaptor.
The Software only operates on Windows platform and is multi-department, multi-company and can run on a stand-alone PC or networked.
PC *minimum* requirements:
* Standard Windows Intel-compatible processor (Intel, AMD etc)
* 1gb RAM or greater as required by Windows specifications.
* 200MB hard disk space free.
* An available and suitable network port (for time clock hardware equipped with a network port) or WIFI
* Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11; desktop versions, 32bit or 64 bit with no sub-systems restrictions.
We do not guarantee the software will work unimpeded on Windows Insider versions.
This product is not sold to work on beta or preview versions of Windows or emulation packages such as the WINE project, thin client or virtual environments.
This product should not be used to run, read or write to/from a WSL partition.
Storing the data on a virtual storage space such as OneDrive, DropBox or similar is not recommended.
March 2021 V1.01
Time Card Detail Reporting
Weekly time card with no location shown
Weekly time card with location shown
Bi-weekly time card with location shown
Time Card Summary
- Prints full time card activity report - many different report options - including terminal used, shift applied, and missed clockings.
- Reports can highlight missed clockings, lateness, early departure and breaks exceeded.
- Reports highlight lateness in red or bold.
Prints full time card summary report for any selection - for viewing but mainly to create export for payroll programs.
Fire Roll Call Reporting
Run automatic, on demand and up-to-date fire roll call reports in cases of emergency. Our fire report gives you greater confidence by allowing an instant roll call if required- great for Health and Safety.
Who's not 'IN'
- The Fire roll call report automatically documents every transactions as they happen for an accurate, on the spot roll call.
- Run on multiple PC's each with it own selection of employees.
- This report can be set to run automatically or on demand.
Whos not 'turned in' reports - don't go looking for them - find out instantly - just run report or look at the on-screen attendance display- it tells you.
Missed Clockings Report
Make sure your records are up to date with this report. This way you can be sure your payroll will be right and not have missing data.
Export & Payroll
Sage Payroll Import, Exporting data to other Payroll or HR programs or Excel
There are two types of automated Payroll data entry. those Payroll that can import data and those that have to be opened with a special password and a program to place the data into their database (Sage Payroll)
ProxTime 100 comes complete with PayStandard Software - Our Sage Payroll import program. With a PayStandard payroll link these figures can be imported into Sage Payroll, safe, reliably and automatically.
PayStandard allows you to import all hours worked for all employees into the 'Enter Payments' section in Sage Payroll. This is done with the click of a button, takes seconds to complete and the data entered is then subject to your acceptance or refusal. So you maintain complete control over the matter.
PayStandard can save your payroll department hours of lost time in manual data entry.
Other Payroll Packages
You can export your time card and other data from ProxTime 100 for use in other payroll packages or Excel spreadsheets.
Export to Excel
ProxTime 100 exports all data to a file in CSV format for use in Excel and almost all known payroll systems.
- ProxTime 100 Automatically calculates the correct figures for payroll.
- Data can also be exported for use in third party software such as HR and Personnel packages.
- Print or view information on screen and save reports to disk for later review or use elsewhere.
Proxtime 100 TCP/IP
- Is this version LAN capable?
Yes, the Model ProxTime 100 TCP/IP has an Ethernet port installed.
- How do I connect the terminal to my PC?
WIFI terminals on a network
If your terminal has WIFI - WIFI is easiest. In the professional world, if you have WIFI on the terminal and you have a suitable WIFI network on your premises, then program the terminal in the ‘WIFI settings’ to connect the terminal to your network (just like the WIFI on you mobile phone). Then do the same on the PC/server that has your ‘hardware controller’ (sometimes called data collection or polling) software installed.
WIFI terminals and only one PC
If you only have one PC then connect to the WIFI on that as above, but all the software must be installed on same PC.
TCP/IP on a Network
If your terminal only has TCP/IP (Ethernet), then you would normally connect the terminal, using the |Ethernet cable, to a spare network point or direct to a router, program the terminal, just like above, but in the ‘TCP/IP settings’ of the terminal.
In theory, when you set up the setting on a terminal on a network, you give the terminal an IP address and sometimes a password. This is just like moving into a new home, you tell your friends your new address. At the PC or server, in our ‘Hardware Controller’ software you also enter that same IP address, like someone setting up SAT-NAV in their vehicle to find your home.
The terminal is now sitting in its new ‘virtual’ home waving a virtual flag saying ‘here I am’ and the hardware controller has the terminal address. Now talk to each other. (when ‘Polling’)
- What is the benefit of having more than one terminal?
Many benefits. It’s a no-brainer. You will save time, money and it stops queues at the clocking point and the arguments. If you have a lot of employees that depart at the same time – you are paying them to queue up to clock - save that by getting more terminals. Also, some clients like one terminal for the office and one for the factory floor, so factory workers do not have to walk through office to clock. There are many reasons for multiple terminals and best reasons come from clients. We know of users who have 8 clocking machines at one factory door to stop queueing.
- Where should I install the software?
Please see the above answer.
- Can I use some TCP/IP and some WIFI terminals and control them with the same software?
Yes you can.
- How do I install the software?
The software installs automatically. Just follow the install instructions. When installing, you can abandon the install at any time if you change your mind about any option you have selected. It intelligent so you won’t break it and support can help if you go wrong.
Helpful note: When installing the software you must put the software on a PC that is going to use the software but you can put the database part of the software on a server or the same PC (your choice). You must put the database and ‘polling’ on a server if you intend to run multiple instances of the software. The install program will ask you where you want to put the database and ‘polling’.
- I have 8 premises in the UK. How can I connect the terminal to my office in Jersey?
You will need all those premises to be on the same network and the one that has the software installed. If this cannot be done then you can ask you support department to get you access to each of the premise networks via port forwarding. You simply get the IP network at the premises where the terminal is located, to access their network setup and open a port for you to so the software can access the data in the terminal. Then use that same information to program that into our hardware controller.
If each premises has a computer network, you can use port forwarding to get the data from the terminal on those premises to your location. It’s simple.
Ask your IT Professional to do this.
- If I purchase a system later I take on more employees can I upgrade the number of employees?
You can increase employee levels at any time.
- Does the terminal/time clock have a password to keep it locked from others accessing the settings?
Yes. A password for anyone who is an administrator and separate passwords for each enrollers. Enrollers can only access to enrol employees. Administrators can access all features. We recommend that you always use a number password and not a finger, face tag or any other method. If that person’s finger, face or tag leaves the business then you will have to reset the system.
- What is a shift?
A shift is a set of working rules for a day.
- What is a shift pattern?
An arrangement of shifts over a pay period so you can accurately measure the hours worked. For example Shift 3 for Monday to Thursday (8.00am to 5.00pm), shift 5 for Friday (8.00am to 7.00pm), shift 7 for Saturday 8.00 to 1.00pm at double time and shift 8 Sunday, a non-working day.
- What does it mean when it says “max number of terminals/time clocks on system”?
What this means is the maximum number of time clocks/terminals that the software can support.
Clients like to fit terminals in each department store in their chain, or multiple terminals on a work site, one at the front door, back door, office, 2 on the factory floor etc. The maximum number of terminals allowed is stated on the specifications page.
- Can I turn off the auto deductions for not clocking out for lunch?
Yes, you can turn off auto deductions.
When you use this feature, the auto deduct can be configured for to deduct any amount of time in at a fixed time (drink break of 15 mins, at 10.00am no clocking required) or in a window of time (deduct 30 mins between 12.00pm and 2.00pm if employee does not clock for break).
- What grace options are there?
The grace options are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, and 30 minutes.
- Can I turn off grace options.
Yes, you can turn off grace options.
- Can I turn off rounding time?
Yes, you can turn off rounding time.
- What roundings are there?
The roundings available are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 30 and 60 minutes.
- Employees who work overtime must work a minimum of ½ an hour. Can the system do this?
Yes, the system can.
- Some employees get a lunch break of ½ an hour and some get 1 hour. Can the system handle this?
Yes, each shift can have it owns breaks and lengths. Put the employee on the relevant shift for the relevant day.
- We give our employees 3 breaks a day, one for lunch and two for cigarette breaks. I want to be able to deduct the lunch and cigarette breaks from their hours. Can I get the software to do this?
Yes, you can get the software to do this.
- If someone forgets to clock how can I fix that?
At the PC, authorised users can edit transactions.
- Will this device continue to work if I don’t get support?
Yes. The software will carry on working.
- How much is support?
The cost of support depends on the system purchased and number of ‘live’ employees using it.
- What is included in the free support?
If free support was included in your purchase it is to keep the software operating according to its specification. Support is for those who have tried to resolve a problem themselves.
- We have 150 employees and our HR gets inundated with requests for verification of hours worked. I would like to automate this so the HR can easily send or print something. Do you have a solution?
Use the Automatic time card to employee email facility. It can email the time card to
the employee at your frequency. Only available in the 200 version.
- Some employee turn up an hour early and clock for work. How can we stop them from being paid for these hours?
You can stop employees being paid for these hours in the shift set up. You can stop time accumulating at start and end of a shift.
- I have quite a few employees and they all work slightly different times and it takes my payroll department a long time to work out the hours. We want something that make this easier. Can you help?
Yes, we can help. Any model from 100 upwards has multiple shift options. You can have every employee on a different shift every day of the year. It really is versatile.
- What happens if the power goes off? Do I lose my information?
You should not lose any data. The terminal stores data even during power outages.
- We operate a 2 week pay period, but overtime is calculated weekly, we don’t pay daily overtime until 39 hours PER Mon- Fri workdays have been worked. We pay overtime on Saturday, but don’t want to unless the same 39 hours have been worked during the week. Can I get the software to do this?
Yes, the software can automatically do this. Overtime can be calculated daily, weekly or by pay period but can be ‘limited’ by rules. As an example, you reduce weekly overtime until ‘39 hours at standard rate’ are met. This feature can move any selected worked overtime from selected overtime rates to standard rate until 39 hours are hit.
The 39 hours can be set in ‘overtime limits’ and the same goes for Saturday being paid overtime, ‘no overtime paid Saturday until 39 hours at standard rate achieved during Monday- Friday’. Great feature.
- We operate different shifts, Monday to Thursday 8am – 6pm and Fridays 8am till 11pm, Saturdays 8am till 13.00 on fixed overtime for Saturday. Can I get the software to do this?
Yes you can get the software to do this. The software allows different a shift every day, each with its own pay rules.
FAQ 100,200 WIFI UK Mar 21 V1.01